Your windshield wipers have your back! They deal with snow and ice buildup, salt and grime, freezing temperatures. And yet they plow ahead, keeping your visibility good and doing their part to keep you safe on the road.
Show them the love they deserve by maintaining your windshield wipers during the winter. The experts at Madison Auto Care Centers discuss the importance of winter windshield wiper maintenance and provide some practical tips to keep them in top shape throughout the season.
Winter Windshield Wiper Maintenance Tips
- Inspect Regularly: Start by inspecting your wiper blades for signs of wear, damage, or cracking. If you notice any issues, it's time for a replacement. Think about replacing your wiper blades every six months to ensure they are in top working condition.
- Clean Your Windshield: Before the winter season begins, make sure your windshield is clean and free from any debris or residue. A clean windshield reduces the strain on your wiper blades.
- Use Winter-Grade Washer Fluid: Opt for a winter-grade washer fluid with antifreeze properties. It helps prevent the washer fluid from freezing on your windshield.
- Lift Wipers When Parking: In freezing conditions, raising your wiper arms off the windshield can prevent them from freezing to the glass. This prevents damage to the blades and ensures they make full contact when in use.
- Be Gentle with Snow and Ice: When clearing your windshield of snow and ice, be gentle with your wipers. Never use them to scrape off ice, as this can damage the blades. Use a proper ice scraper and defrost your windshield before driving.
- Thaw Wipers Before Use: If your wiper blades are frozen to the windshield, don't force them. Turn on your defroster to thaw them before attempting to use them.
- Maintain the Rubber: To keep your wiper blades in good shape, clean them regularly with a soft cloth and a mild detergent. This removes any built-up grime or salt, and helps maintain their flexibility.
- Invest in High-Quality Wiper Blades: Quality matters. Investing in premium wiper blades designed for winter conditions can make a significant difference in your visibility and safety.
By following these tips, you can help make sure that your wipers are up to the task of maintaining clear visibility, even in adverse weather conditions. Don't overlook this critical aspect of winter vehicle care and enjoy safer and more confident winter driving.
Madison Auto Care Centers is a group of Wisconsin's top auto service centers here to help you with your car care needs. Choose from HANSEN’S AUTO on Park Street, CAPITOL TIRE on Odana Road, GENIN’S AUTO on University Ave, HANDEL AUTO on Monona Drive, CLAUSEN AUTO on Stoughton Road, or AESCHBACH AUTO on Hwy. 14.
CLAUSEN AUTO | HANDEL AUTO | GENIN'S AUTO | CAPITOL TIRE | ODANA TIRE | HANSEN'S AUTO | AESCHBACH AUTO | NAPA AUTO CARE | NAPA AUTO REPAIR | MADISON AUTO CARE | AUTO CARE MADISON | MADISON AUTO REPAIR
#MadisonAutoCare #MadisonBattery #MadisonAutoRepair #ClausenAuto #HandelAuto #GeninsAuto #CapitolTire #OdanaTire #HansensAuto #AeschbachAuto #NAPAAutoCare #NAPAAutoRepair #AutoCareCoupons #Coupons