Any one of Madison Auto Care's seven NAPA auto care centers will help your tires survive the summer heat.
Although summer won’t officially arrive for a few more days, area temperatures are beginning to climb. Soon, they’ll reach those sweltering summer heights.The warmer temperatures should act as a warning that it’s time to pay special attention to your car’s tires. Tires, like you, suffer in the summer heat.
.“Just as heat takes its toll on people and electric bills, it also impacts car reliability and safety,” according to consumerreports.org.”Hot weather exacerbates heat build-up and weakens the tire, potentially leading to abrupt and sometime catastrophic failure. On a hot 90-degree day …, surface temperatures easily exceed 150-degrees. Think about what your tires are experiencing while you’re enjoying the drive in a cool air-conditioned car.
”Maintaining your tires at the correct inflation will help you avoid damage.
So will following these tips, according to consumerreports.org:
- “Check the inflation pressure in each tire (and the spare) when the tires are cold or have sat more than three hours.
- “Inflate the tires to the recommended setting outlined on the tire information placard found most often on the driver’s door jamb and/or the vehicle owner’s manual.
- “Check the tires monthly. Tires will typically lose up to 1 psi per month, and pressure drops about 1 psi for every 10-degree drop in air temperature.
- “Buy a good tire gauge. It’s also a good idea to buy a portable compressor that works off of your car’s power outlet; these are available in many auto parts stores. …
- “Tires also lose air to common punctures, so if you find you’re always adding air to one particular tire, it might have a slow leak. Have it checked out at a service garage.”
You can find help at any one of Madison Auto Care's seven car care centers - Clausen Auto, Handel Auto, Genin’s Auto, Capitol Tire, Odana Tire, Hansen’s Auto, or Aeschbach Auto.
CLAUSEN AUTO | HANDEL AUTO | GENIN'S AUTO | CAPITOL TIRE | ODANA TIRE | HANSEN'S AUTO | AESCHBACH AUTO | NAPA AUTO CARE | NAPA AUTO REPAIR | MADISON AUTO CARE | AUTO CARE MADISON | MADISON AUTO REPAIR
#MadisonAutoCare #MadisonBattery #MadisonAutoRepair #ClausenAuto #HandelAuto #GeninsAuto #CapitolTire #OdanaTire #HansensAuto #AeschbachAuto #NAPAAutoCare #NAPAAutoRepair