You can improve your gas mileage with driving and auto care strategies. One of Madison Auto Care's seven convenient auto care centers can help you with that.
As if the bitterly cold weather wasn't bad enough news, gas prices are continuing to go up. But don't despair, Reader's Digest offers several tips to help increase your gas mileage and keep your car in good repair. Both mean your car costs less to run.
Reader's Digest tips:
- Slow down when driving - "Hard acceleration in stop-and-go driving costs you 20 per cent in gas mileage."
- Keep your tires at the correct pressure.
- Change your spark plugs if they're nearing the end of their lives.
- Change your air filter.
- Keep your wheels aligned.
- Replace your oxygen sensors - "Oxygen sensors monitor the efficiency of combustion by tracking the amount of oxygen remaining in the exhaust. But they degrade over time and that can cost you up to 15 per cent in gas mileage. When they fail, the computer lights up your “service engine soon” light."
- Replace a failing thermostat.
- Check for brake drag and have it fixed if necessary.
- Replace your cabin air filter.
- Keep an eye on warning lights - "Car owners think a glowing check engine light isn’t important because it just means you’ve got an 'emissions problem.' Guess what? Emissions problems are almost always caused by an incomplete burn and that means you’re not getting the most bang for your buck. In other words, a check light means you’re wasting gas. Worse yet, all that extra gas goes right into your expensive catalytic converter, causing it to fail early." Then you have to replace your catalytic converter and pay to have the underlying problem solved.
The easiest way to do this is to have a trusted Madison auto care technician perform regular service on your car. That way, problems can be caught early before they become big issues.
But, whether you have your car serviced regularly or only when something goes wrong, you can trust the Madison auto care specialists at any of Madison Auto Care's seven NAPA service centers: Clausen Auto, Handel Auto, Genin’s Auto, Capitol Tire, Odana Tire, Hansen’s Auto, or Aeschbach Auto.
MADISON AUTO CARE | MADISON TIRE | MADISON AUTO REPAIR | CLAUSEN AUTO | HANDEL AUTO | GENIN'S AUTO | CAPITOL TIRE | ODANA TIRE | HANSEN'S AUTO | AESCHBACH AUTO | NAPA AUTO CARE | NAPA AUTO REPAIR
#MadisonAutoCare #MadisonTire #MadisonAutoRepair #ClausenAuto #HandelAuto #GeninsAuto #CapitolTire #OdanaTire #HansensAuto #AeschbachAuto #NAPAAutoCare #NAPAAutoRepair