A bad suspension system makes an uncomfortable car ride. It’s also dangerous. The auto repair pros at one of Madison Auto Care's NAPA service centers can help repair worn shocks and struts.
You were planning to take the kids to the Mallards game today. But, to tell the truth, you’re not looking forward to the drive. Your car is so uncomfortable to ride and drive, you find you’re avoiding going places.
An uncomfortable ride is a big indication that there’s something wrong with your suspension system, likely worn shocks and/or struts. But it’s not just discomfort you need to worry about, damaged or worn shocks and struts can make your car hard to drive.
How do you know if it’s time for new shocks and struts or if you can go for a few more miles of teeth-rattling drives?
Geico insurance lists seven signs that your shocks and struts need replacing:
- “Instability at highway speeds. Your vehicle never feels completely stable on the highway and is constantly moving up and down. The movement may be slight, but you notice it.
- “Vehicle 'tips' to one side in turns. When taking a sharp turn or an off-ramp, your vehicle leans or 'tips' to the outside of the turn and feels wobbly.
- “The front end dives more than expected during hard braking. You may not notice this until you have to jump hard on the brakes.
- “Rear-end squat during acceleration. You’ll notice the front end of your vehicle rising while the rear “squats” during hard acceleration.
- “Tires bouncing excessively. After hitting a bump, you can feel a tire (or tires) reacting or 'bouncing' for a time. You may also hear a clunking noise.
- “Unusual tire wear. Because the tire isn’t being held firmly to the road, the tread wears in a wavy manner instead of evenly.
- “Leaking fluid on the exterior of shocks or struts. This is a sign that the seals have broken and the internal fluids essential to proper function are escaping."
If you don’t have a trusted Madison auto repair technician to help you with car repair chores, it’s time to get to know the Madison auto repair specialists at one of Madison Auto Care's seven NAPA service centers: Clausen Auto, Handel Auto, Genin’s Auto, Capitol Tire, Odana Tire, Hansen’s Auto, or Aeschbach Auto.
MADISON AUTO CARE | MADISON ENGINE REPAIR | MADISON AUTO REPAIR | CLAUSEN AUTO | HANDEL AUTO | GENIN'S AUTO | CAPITOL TIRE | ODANA TIRE | HANSEN'S AUTO | AESCHBACH AUTO | NAPA AUTO CARE | NAPA AUTO REPAIR
#MadisonAutoCare #MadisonEhgineRepair #MadisonAutoRepair #ClausenAuto #HandelAuto #GeninsAuto #CapitolTire #OdanaTire #HansensAuto #AeschbachAuto #NAPAAutoCare #NAPAAutoRepair