When your Madison tires need maintenance, repair or replacement, see the certified experts in Madison tires at one of Madison Auto Care's seven Madison auto care service centers.
It doesn't take much imagination to know the tragedy that can happen if one of your tires blows out while you're driving at speed. But you don't have to be on the road to the the Trollway or some other place for a tire to blow out. It can happen while you're driving around town when you're driving at slow speeds. Either way, you're likely going to lose control of your car.
But blowouts can be prevented with a bit of care on your part: Just check your tires regularly for warning signs of tire failure.
What are those warning signs? Consumer Reports says these are the trouble signs to look for:
- "Cracking or cuts in the sidewalls.
- "Uneven tread wear. This can be caused by improper inflation, misaligned wheels, damaged tires, or by problems with suspension parts.
- "Excessively worn tread. Most modern tires have tread-wear indicator bars running across the tread, which signal the minimum allowable tread depth of 1/16-inch. When the tread wears down to these bars, it's time for new tires. Inexpensive tread-wear gauges are available at auto-parts and tire stores.
- "Alternatively, you can use a Lincoln-head penny as a tread-wear indicator. Insert the penny into a tire groove with Lincoln's head toward the tire. If you can see the top of Abe's head, the tread is too worn.
- "Bulges or blisters. If you see a bulge or blister on the sidewall, replace the tire at once. These signal potential weak spots that could lead to tire failure.
- "Excessive vibration. Tire vibration may be a sign a wheel is misaligned, unbalanced, or bent. It could also signify internal tire damage. Don't ignore vibration: Have the vehicle serviced at once."
If you see any warning signs, take your car to see an expert in Madison tires like those at any one of Madison Auto Care's seven NAPA service centers - Clausen Auto, Handel Auto, Genin’s Auto, Capitol Tire, Odana Tire, Hansen’s Auto, or Aeschbach Auto. Madison Auto Care's service centers carry all brands, sizes and style of tire to fit any vehicle or driving need.
MADISON TIRES | MADISON TIRE | MADISON AUTO CARE | MADISON AUTO REPAIR | CLAUSEN AUTO | HANDEL AUTO | GENIN'S AUTO | CAPITOL TIRE | ODANA TIRE | HANSEN'S AUTO | AESCHBACH AUTO | NAPA AUTO CARE | NAPA AUTO REPAIR
#MadisonTires #MadisonTire #MadisonAutoCare #MadisonAutoRepair #ClausenAuto #HandelAuto #GeninsAuto #CapitolTire #OdanaTire #HansensAuto #AeschbachAuto #NAPAAutoCare #NAPAAutoRepair